The Sunrise/Sunset Calculator is best used by enabling location services and allowing it to automatically calculate the times based on your current location (Figure 1). However, you have the option of manually selecting location. Here’s how to do it!
Sunrise/Sunset Times Based on My Current Location (Location Services Enabled)
By default, the calculator will use the device’s current timezone based on your current latitude and longitude.
Sunrise/Sunset Times Based on Another Location (Location Services Disabled)
Follow these steps to configure the tool to display the correct times based on manually entering your location and time zone:
- Select “Manual” under “Location” (Figure 2)
- Tap the “Set Location” box to search for and confirm your desired location
- Time is displaying for your current time zone
Set Time Zone for Manual Location
- Tap the gear icon on the top right of the app main screen
- Turn “Set Automatically” to “Off” (Figure 3)
- Tap the Time Zone button (Figure 4) that appears to manually select the desired time zone and push “Done” on the top right of the app window
- Tap “Sun Calculator” main menu button on top left of app window to return to the main screen.
12 and 24 Hour Clock Setting
To change between 12 and 24 hour clocks:
- Tap the gear icon on the top right of the main screen
- Toggle your choice between 12 and 24 hour
- Tap “Sun Calculator” on the top left of the app screen to return to the calculator